Online gambling is very popular in India as it allows you to play your favorite games from the comfort of your own home. Moreover, the number of punters from this country is constantly growing, showing that the interest in playing online casino games is still very high.
To meet this increasing demand, many leading companies in this niche open their local divisions that provide services to Indian punters and accept local currency. Therefore, this market is highly competitive when it comes to the number of online casinos providing services to Indian players.
The good news is that you always have a choice of which online casino to pick. However, not all of those online gambling sites are reliable and trustworthy. Moreover, even if an online casino has a traceable history and a good reputation, its terms and conditions may seem inadequate to you. This is why it is very important to do research and pay attention to various key parameters.
How to Find the Best Casino Sites in India
First and foremost, you can choose the top online casinos in India from our list of the best gambling sites. This is the easiest way to do it, as you don’t need to apply any effort. Our experts have done all the “dirty” jobs, meaning they have searched up and down to put together the most reliable and trustworthy casino platforms for you.
If you want to DYOR, below you can find the key parameters that you can look at when picking the best online casinos in India.
Weigh Your Expectations
While most online casinos may seem to be similar in terms of general features, they vary significantly from each other. Choosing an appropriate online casino may be similar to picking a car. While both the Tesla Model S and the Toyota Camry will allow you to reach your destination point, the driving experience will be completely different. The same is with online casinos.
Therefore, the first thing you need to do is to value your own expectations, i.e., what you exactly want from a particular online casino. Here, you can use the following bullets:
- Preferred casino games. If you are a fan of slots, the best online casino should offer a lot of video slots for you. Those who prefer card games, should look for gambling sites with a plethora of blackjack, poker, and baccarat variations, as well as some locally popular live dealer games like Andar Bahar or Teen Patti.
- Desired bonuses. Most, if not all, online casinos in India offer both deposit bonuses and promotions that require you to complete a signup procedure only. Before stopping at a particular gambling site, you should check the whole bonus program and find out which promotions are available and if they are lucrative enough to satisfy your gambling needs.
- Loyalty and VIP programs. It is also important to understand what kind of player you are. If you are going to place bets once in a blue moon, you can skip this point. However, if you are going to play actively, you may focus on the loyalty or VIP programs that a gambling site offers. Frankly speaking, casino bonuses are more than enough in most cases, but various loyalty and VIP clubs may bring you even more pleasure.
Those are the main questions that you may ask yourself before even starting to choose an online casino. However, those questions are very important as they allow you to understand your particular expectations. We will bet our bottom dollar that those parameters will help you find your best online gambling site to stay there for a long time and have a great casino experience there.
Now it is time to go through the list of existing casinos and try to pick one that meets all your requirements. When choosing the best online casino, there are several criteria that you should focus on. They are as follows:
- Safety and Security. Online casinos are the platforms, meaning you deal with them via the internet. Those websites should be equipped with modern security tools like SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and financial transactions from being stolen or intercepted.
- License and regulations. Before playing at online casinos, you should check whether they are regulated by international or local authorities like the government of Curacao, Malta, or Gibraltar.
- Mobile compatibility. Mobile gambling is gaining popularity as the number of mobile device users is growing exponentially. Therefore, it is crucial for a gambler to check if the website is mobile friendly and if the interface meets all the requirements.
- Customer service. This is a very important criteria, as you may have questions or even some issues when dealing with a particular gambling site. High-quality customer support comes to the rescue in the blink of an eye.
- Banking options. Deposits and withdrawals are the basis of everything in online gambling. You can’t start playing games for real money if you don’t have funds in your account balance. When doing your own research about a particular gambling site, you should take note of the banking options they accept. Most Indian online casinos allow you to deposit using both international and local payment systems like PayTM, UPI, IMPS, etc.
- Bonus terms and conditions. While bonuses are considered a kind of gift, that’s not really true. Most bonuses (except no rules ones) require some activity from you to be wagered. For instance, when claiming a standard welcome bonus, you will be required to wager it 25x+ times. Make sure you understand all the bonus terms and conditions as well as wagering requirements before you start playing.
Test the Gambling Site
When you have chosen an online casino that you want to have a closer look at, you can test it using a couple of methods. The ideal way to do it is to use no deposit bonuses. This kind of promotion allows you to play various games without depositing your own funds.
However, not all Indian casinos allow you to use this promotion. Anyway, you can test the casino even if there are no money-free bonuses. Below you can find some recommendations on how to check an online gambling site before even registering there:
- Browse it around to find out how everything works there, basically. You can check the interface, the menus, see the games, and even launch some in demo mode.
- Check all the promotions that are offered by a particular gambling site. Do not forget to read the bonus terms and conditions to weigh all the pros and cons of using them.
- Test the support team. You can ask various questions to see how fast they react. It is also important to see how substantial the answers are.
Register at Various Online Casinos
Seasoned investors never put all their eggs in one basket. This piece of advice is relevant to gamblers too. Playing at one casino is good, but if you choose a couple of gambling sites, you can benefit from even more bonuses, a broader range of games, etc. For instance, some gambling sites may offer a plethora of slot games, but they have a limited number of live dealer items. In this situation, you can start with two online casinos, one with a greater number of slots and the other with a wider range of live casino games.
How to Start Playing at Online Casinos
After picking the right online casino, you need to create an account there to start playing games. If you are at the beginning stages of your gambling career, you can try most games for free, even before you complete a sign up procedure. Online slot games, card titles, dice games, and others are available in demo mode. You can play them even if you don’t have an account yet. This is a great opportunity for you to play in a risk-free mode and to understand the basic mechanics of all those games.
However, if you want to start playing for real money, you need to complete the following steps:
- Create an account. Most Indian online casinos make it a piece of cake to register as they require only an email address. You should also create a strong password to prevent your account from being breached by fraudsters.
- Use a promo code or choose your bonus. Some gambling site provide gamblers with promo codes that you can paste during the registration procedure.
- Deposit funds. The next step is to deposit funds. You can use various payment options, including bank transfers, credit/debit cards, electronic wallets, some local payment methods, and even cryptocurrencies.
Once all those steps are done, you can proceed with choosing a particular game and start playing it.
The Most Popular Game Categories
Game selection in modern online casinos is an embarrassment of riches, as they say. You can find slot machines, card and dice games, roulette, etc. Below you can find the most popular online casino game categories:
- Video slots. This type of online casino game is considered the most popular nowadays. They are very simple and require no skills or previous gambling experience. Video slots are played in the same way as classic one-armed bandit games that you can find in most land-based casinos. You need to spin the reels and see the results. If you have any of the active lines land, you win. Sometimes you may have even higher winnings in the case of multipliers, bonus rounds, free spins, etc. This category may include games like Book of Dead, Royal Panda, and others.
- Classic table games. This is a broad category of games, which includes such popular titles as poker, blackjack, baccarat, dice games, and roulette, as well as some locally popular Indian card and dice titles.
- Sports betting. Sometimes you can find a mixture between an online casino and a bookie. This means that, along with traditional online casino games, such websites allow you to bet on various sports events.
Games of Skills vs Games of Luck
Both online and offline casinos are considered the best places to try your luck. Games like roulette or slot machines, as well as some card titles, require no skills at all. You should only learn the winning combinations or the basic rules for playing them. For instance, you can’t predict the results of each round of roulette as it is random. You cannot forecast the outcome of a slot machine game, as it is impossible due to the nature of this type of casino game.
However, some online casino games in India may require some skills. If we take poker, video poker, or blackjack, seasoned gamblers may apply some calculations and other strategies to increase their chances of winning. Those games involve both luck and skill.
RNG vs Live Dealer Games
All the games that you can find in the best online casinos in India can also be divided into two main categories: Random Number Generator games and lice casino software. The difference between them lies in the mechanics and the interface. Random Number Generator-based games (or RNG games) are powered by a special function that assures that the outcome of each round is random.
When you play RNG-based card games like blackjack or baccarat, for instance, the cards “are dealt” by this function and not by a human croupier. When it comes to RNG-based roulette, the machine spins the roulette and the random function defines which number the ball lands on.
As for live casino games, this type of online casino software is designed to be as close to land-based casinos as possible. Instead of a Random Number Generator, a human dealer, who deals the cards and spins the roulette, powers this game. All events in this kind of game take place in a specially equipped studio and are broadcast via high quality webcams.
Live casino games are very popular among punters from India and other regions as they offer this unique sense of presence. You can find yourself in a place that is similar to offline casinos. Both live casino games and offline gambling sites are as popular as two peas in a pod.
You can also hear some gamblers saying that live casino games are more fair or transparent. However, this is not true as most RNG-based games are also fair. They are certified by independent auditors who check logs to find out whether the results were manipulated by the software provider or not. Therefore, both the RNG-based and live casino games are equally fair.
Banking Methods at the Best Online Casinos in India
Before you start playing your favourite games in any online casino, you need to top up your account with real money. Online casinos in India allow you to use various banking options like credit and debit cards, digital wallets, various payment systems like GPay as well as cryptocurrencies.
Depositing transactions are free in most online casinos in India. They are also instant, meaning you can start playing in the blink of an eye after you have sent money to your casino account.
After you have won something, you can claim a withdrawal. To cash out winnings, you need to check which payment method is available. Most online casinos in India allow you to withdraw money using bank wire, credit and debit cards, digital wallets, and cryptocurrencies.
When picking a particular banking option, you should be aware of two main things: transaction speed and fees. While most online casinos claim that they do not charge gamblers any fees for transaction processing, commissions may apply on the banking option side. Before picking a particular payment method, make sure that the financial operations will be cheap. Otherwise, such transactions may “eat up” a significant part of your winnings.
As for the transaction speed, normally, when you use digital wallets or cryptocurrencies, it may take up to an hour (depending on the casino’s processing time). Bank wire transactions can’t boast of this speed. They take up to 7 business days in most cases.
The best online casinos in India provide you with almost unlimited gambling opportunities. They offer a plethora of games from top-tier providers, a lot of lucrative bonuses and promotions, various tournaments, etc. Moreover, those gambling sites are reliable and trustworthy and tend to protect your account and funds at the highest possible level.